Weight : 10ml
Lemon Essential Oil
Rated 0 out of 0 Review(s)
Product Description 100
Lemons and lemon oil are popular because of their refreshing scent and invigorating, purifying and cleaning properties. Research shows that lemon oil contains powerful antioxidants and helps to reduce inflammation, fight bacteria and fungi, boost energy levels and ease digestion.
1. Natural Disinfectant: Want to steer away from alcohol and bleach to disinfect your countertops and clean your moldy shower? Add 40 drops of lemon oil and 20 drops of tea tree oil to a 16 ounce spray bottle fill with pure water (and a little bit of white vinegar) for a traditional cleaning favorite. This natural cleaning product can be used to kill toxins and bacteria in your home, especially in places like your kitchen and bathroom.
2. Laundry: If you ever leave your laundry sitting in the washer for too long, just add a few drops of lemon essential oil to your load before drying and your clothes won’t get that musky smell.
3. Wood and Silver Polish: A lemon oil-soaked cloth (with about 10 drops of oil) will help spruce up your tarnished silver and jewelry. Lemon oil can also be used for cleaning wood.
4. Dishwasher Detergent: Use my Homemade Dishwasher Detergent with orange and lemon essential oils to keep your dishes clean without using chemicals found in conventional detergents.
5. Goo-Be-Gone: Un-stick the sticky goo your kids leave behind with stickers and gum with lemon oil. Just add 3–5 drops of lemon oil to a damp washcloth.
6. Clean Hands: Got greasy hands from working on your car or bike and regular soap isn’t doing the trick? No worries — just add a couple drops of lemon essential with your soap and get your clean hands back!
7. Teeth Whitener: Mix lemon essential oil, baking soda and coconut oil and rub the combination on your teeth for 2 minutes before rinsing.
8. Face Wash: Lemon essential oil can be used on your skin to improve your complexion and leave your skin soft and supple. Use my Homemade Face Wash that’s made with lemon, lavender and frankincense oils or simply combine 2–3 drops of lemon oil with baking soda and honey.
9. Nail Polish Remover: Try this DIY Nail Polish Remover that’s made with acidic essential oils like lemon, grapefruit and sweet orange. Not only will it remove your old nail polish, but it will work to protect the health of your nails at the same time.
10. Promote Fat-Loss: Add 2 drops of lemon oil to a glass of water 2–3 times daily to support your metabolism and promote weight loss.
11. Improve Your Mood: Diffusing about 5 drops of lemon essential oil at home or work can help to lift your mood and fight depression.
12. Boost Immune System: To boost your immune system, kill bacteria and support your lymphatic system, mix 2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with a half teaspoon of coconut oil and rub the mixture into your neck.
13. Relieve Cough: To use lemon oil as a home remedy for cough, diffuse 5 drops at home or work, combine 2 drops with a half teaspoon of coconut oil and rub the mixture into your neck, or add 1–2 drops of a high quality, pure grade oil to warm water with honey.
14. Clear Mucus and Phlegm: To help eliminate mucus and relieve congestion, inhale lemon oil directly from the bottle or combine 2–3 drops with a half-teaspoon of coconut oil and apply it topically to your chest and nose.
Lemon essential oil can cause photosensitivity when used topically, so it’s important to avoid direct sunlight up to 12 hours after using lemon oil on your skin.
Lemon oil can cause skin irritations in some people, so do a patch test on your arm or leg before using it topically just to be sure that you won’t have an adverse reaction. When using lemon oil on my skin, I like to dilute it with a carrier oil, like coconut oil or jojoba oil, especially on sensitive areas like my face.