Weight : 10ml
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Rated 3 out of 5 Review(s)
Product Description 98
Traditionally, eucalyptus oil was used as an analgesic agent that helped to relieve pain, and it was valued for its ability to reduce inflammation and improve respiratory conditions. And today, eucalyptus oil benefits and uses are extensive, and the oil is commonly used in healing ointments, perfumes, vapor rubs and cleaning products.
Eucalyptol, or 1,8-cineole, which accounts for 70–90 percent of the contents of eucalyptus oil, has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. Eucalyptus is also well known for its ability to fight bacterial, viral and fungal infections, and to help clear the respiratory tract of built up mucus. For these reasons, eucalyptus is definitely one of the most beneficial and versatile essential oils to keep in your medicine cabinet.
1. Disinfect Your Home: Add 20 drops of eucalyptus oil to a spray bottle filled with water and use it to clean the surfaces of your home or diffuse 5 drops at home to kill germs.
2. Stop Mold Growth: Add 5 drops of eucalyptus oil to your vacuum cleaner or surface cleaner to inhibit the growth of mold in your home.
3. Repel Rats: Add 20 drops of eucalyptus oil to a spray bottle filled with water and spray areas that are prone to rats, such as small openings in your home or near your pantry. Just be cautious if you have cats, as eucalyptus can be irritating to them.
4. Improve Seasonal Allergies: Diffuse 5 drops of eucalyptus at home or work, or apply 2–3 drops topically to your temples and chest.
5. Relieve Cough: Make my Homemade Vapor Rub that’s a combination of eucalyptus and peppermint oil, or apply 2–3 drops of eucalyptus to your chest and back of neck.
6. Clear Sinuses: Pour a cup of boiling water into a bowl and add 1–2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to it. Then place a towel over your head and inhale the scent deeply for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Alleviate Sore Throat: Apply 2–3 drops of eucalyptus oil to your chest and throat, or diffuse 5 drops at home or work.
8. Relieve Earaches: Apply 2–3 drops of eucalyptus oil to your chest and back of neck or gently rub 1 drop into the outer part of your ear canal. Remember to dilute eucalyptus oil before using it topically on a child.
9. Boost Your Immune System: Make your own Thieves® oil by combining eucalyptus, clove, lemon, cinnamon and rosemary essential oils. You can also diffuse 5 drops of eucalyptus oil at home or work.
10. Relieve Skin Irritations: Apply 2–3 drops of eucalyptus oil to a clean cotton ball and rub it into the area of concern two to three times daily until the issue has cleared.
11. Soothe Insect Bites: Apply 2–3 drops of eucalyptus oil to a clean cotton ball and apply it to the insect bite three times daily until it disappears.
12. Boost Energy: Diffuse 5 drops of eucalyptus oil at home or work, or rub 2–3 drops into your temples and back of neck.
13. Alleviate Headache: Diffuse 5 drops of eucalyptus at home or work, inhale the oil directly from the bottle, or apply 2–3 drops topically to your temples and back of neck.
14. Relieve Muscle Pain or Soreness: Apply 2–3 drops of eucalyptus topically to the area of concern. To cover a larger surface area, dilute eucalyptus with half teaspoon of carrier oil.
15. Fight Bad Breath and Cavities: Use eucalyptus oil as a natural mouthwash by adding 1–2 drops to water, gargling and then spitting it out. Keep in mind, eucalyptus should not be swallowed.
Eucalyptus oil is not safe for internal use. It should only be used aromatically or topically. If you are using eucalyptus for oral health purposes, make sure to spit it out afterwards.
People with sensitive skin should dilute eucalyptus oil with a carrier oil (like coconut oil) before using it on their skin. I also suggest diluting eucalyptus before applying it topically to your children, and avoid using it on their faces, as it can be irritating.
There have been instances of eucalyptus oil poisoning in infants and young children. It is not safe for children to swallow eucalyptus oil. If you are using eucalyptus oil on children, stick to diffusing it at home or diluting it with a carrier oil before topical application.